In this heat you're probably wearing as little as possible, so every piece counts. The quickest way to add a little color (and conspicuousness) to your attire is with accessories. As such, here are five brightly hued extras under $50 to keep you looking lovely without sweating the price:
- This lavish Cara necklace, accented with an electric-neon green strand, is a great standout piece with your basic white tee (right). It’s currently available for $33.98 at Nordstrom.
- There are endless ways to accessorize with a scarf, as we detailed earlier this week. Whether you’re covering your head, neck, or shoulders from the blistering sun, or you knot the scarf around your favorite handbag—this ombré snake-print scarf from BCBG Max Azria ($48, left) adds an element of refinement and ferocity to your attire.
- Even if you didn’t get a chance to read Shop Talk’s how-to article on sunglass shopping, you probably know the importance of shielding your precious eyes from debilitating UV rays. Add a modern, sunny spin to the 50s cat-eye trend with these “Bright Future Shades” from Nasty Gal ($18, below).
- Nothing says ladylike quite like a skinny, waist-cinching belt. Make it pop with bright hues that range from buttercup yellow and bird-of-paradise orange to ultramarine blue, all courtesy of Ann Taylor’s perfect patent skinny belt ($30, right). For a truly feminine feel, opt for the lush hibiscus color.
- Spanish retailer Zara made headlines recently with their support for factory safety in Bangladesh. That makes us all the more excited about these antique lime earrings from Zara ($14.90, below).