Sophie Anderson / 16 / Student
1. What are you wearing? Ralph Lauren sweater, thrifted pants, Coast to Coast Vintage shoes, thrifted bag
2. How would you describe your style? Sophisticated, 50s wannabe
3. Where is your favorite place to shop in Houston? Nam is my favorite thrift shop
4. Who is your style/fashion icon and why? Gloria Vanderbilt, Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, and Elle Fanning because she’s a teen and still knows what she’s doing.
5. With Spring right around the corner, what piece in your closet are you most excited to bring out again? My leather shorts
Joshua Anderson / 18 / Artist
1. What are you wearing? Handmade shirt, Gap pants, Clae shoes
2. How would you describe your personal style? Color, shapes, and clean lines
3. You're a designer. What is your favorite piece that you’ve created? Probably the shirt that I’m wearing because I made it recently and it’s really well-constructed.
4. What are the essentials of a man’s wardrobe? A good shirt and a great pair of socks
5. In what neighborhood are you all most likely to be seen? The Heights
Hannah Anderson / 20 / Musician
1. What are you wearing? Cotton On tee, Zara skirt, thrifted boots, J.Crew clutch, H&M sunglasses
2. How would you describe your personal style? Lazy, and very influenced by monotones/dark colors
3. How would you describe Houston style in 3 words? Laidback, way too casual, and diverse
4. What is your usual process when styling your everyday wear? I am very inspired by Alexa Chung, so I try to have a statement piece, but I always try to be comfortable and casual.
5. Do you think that culture influences fashion, if so, how? Yes, I think that culture defines fashion a lot because people are influenced from what and who they see every day. I think that there are many people in the public’s eye that have a lot of influence on fashion and are not utilizing that power to the best of their ability.
Fashion trends, shopping news, and style inspiration, straight to your inbox every week. (See an example!)