Throw some creamy, delicious slaw on top of fresh fish with a squeeze of lime and a sprinkling of cilantro, add a tortilla, and you've got one of my favorite dishes. The best thing about fish tacos is that they're super simple to make at home.
With flavorful white fish like Alaskan Cod, a sweet, zesty slaw, and bright toppings like cilantro, lime juice, and red onion, these fish tacos are a stand-out meal. Serve these tacos with some of your favorite chips and salsa—perhaps a nice margarita, too—and you've got yourself the perfect Tex-Mex meal.
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 large cod filet
- 6 flour tortillas (recipe here)
- Lime juice
- Chopped red onion
- In a large bowl, mix together the cabbage, carrot, lime zest, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Place enough olive oil in large pan to coat the bottom. Heat over medium-low heat. Season the cod filet with salt and pepper.
- Once the pan is hot, add the cod and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until the sides of the filet begin to become opague. Flip and cook another 5 to 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove the fish from the pan and break it up into chunks.
- Fill a tortilla with cod and then slaw. Sprinkle with lime juice, and top with cilantro and red onion to your taste.