Remember that bucket list you created of all the cities and countries you wanted to visit this past year, but didn’t get a chance to visit? It’s okay, we won’t judge. Kick off 2016 the right way with a mini vacation to recover from the holidays, whether you want to stay local or go international.
- Use the promo code “30PCT” to save 30 percent off flights during January 6 though February 10 with Spirit Airlines. Keep in mind that the deal is not valid for travel on Sundays and excludes a flight to/from Los Angeles. The deal ends at midnight on December 30.
- Spirit Airlines also has one-way tickets ranging from $34.10 to $73.09 for travel to Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Orlando, San Diego and Tampa. No promotion code is needed, but be sure to book flights by midnight at on December 30.
- Purchase a one-way flight through Southwest Airlines and visit Baltimore ($174), Denver ($94), Kansas City ($97), Memphis ($118), New York ($129), Phoenix ($147), and St. Louis ($148) to name a few. The sale ends on December 31 and is valid for trips from December 29 through May 25.
- Frontier Airlines is offering one-way flights to Las Vegas for $59 and Orlando for $49 if you want to get away during January 1 through February 10. For more savings, use the promo code “2016” to receive 20.1 percent off your purchase.
- Travelzoo.com has a list of cheap round trip fares (seriously, a flight to Orlando is only $58) such as Miami ($97), Washington, DC ($117), Newark ($197), Portland ($269), Seattle ($319) and Honolulu ($669).
- For international travel, head to Cancun for $155, Tel Aviv for $657, Paris for $914 or Tokyo for $1264. Did we mention that they’re all round trip tickets?
- Go on a 10-day trip of Thailand with Groupon.com, from $1,119. The all-inclusive package includes a round trip flight out of IAH, a four-city tour of Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Ayutthaya and Pattaya, daily breakfast and an English-speaking tour guide. Choose from a variety of departure dates from February through April and August. Hurry now because the deal ends in 12 days.
- If you’re looking for a little more, Groupon also has an 11-day tour of both Thailand and China—yes, that’s right, one extra day and one extra country—from $1, 299. The excursion offers round trip airfare, transportation and hotel accommodations in each city (Bangkok, Beijing, Ayutthaya, and Kanchanaburi, and Pattaya), and complimentary breakfast. There is only 5 days left to travel in February, March and April.
- For much needed sun, head to Montego Bay, Jamaica for a four-night stay during the months of January to May—prices range from $799 to $1,179, depending on departure dates. The all-inclusive promotion provides unlimited food and drinks at the Grand Palladium Jamaica resort, a round-trip flight, and non-motorized watersports such as snorkeling, kayaks, windsurfing and pedal boats.