We loved checking out Beyoncé's Houston-inspired preview video that debuted earlier this month, but with the official launch of her athleisure line, Ivy Park, available now at Topshop, Nordstrom and Net-A-Porter, we now have details beyond "can be worn while roller skating." Ladies, let's get information.
1. Ivy Park is less expensive than Lululemon, but not by much. Prices start at $14 for a headband and go up to $265 for a bodysuit. Apparel starts at $25.
2. The price tag comes with cutting-edge fitness apparel technology, including breathable, sweat-wicking and quick-drying fabrics. Tank tops come with concealed, in-built sports bras and are designed to be high-stretch while staying opaque no matter what. Jackets feature reflective binding to help athletes stay visible.
3. The "second-skin" leggings are made in three styles to flatter different body shapes. "I" styles are low-rise and come with the branded Ivy Park waistband, "V" is mid-rise with an integrated waist band and a zip pocket in the back, and "Y" items are high-rise with a rib-paneled waistband and a concealed pocket. All of them feature an inner contour short for a smooth, supportive fit.
4. The most popular color is black, followed by cobalt blue and grey. There are occasional pieces in pink, orange and white, too.
5. There are no less than five bodysuits among the collection. We expected nothing less.