Since its 2015 opening, B&B Butchers and Restaurant on Washington Avenue has developed a reputation as one of the top beef purveyors in town. The combination steakhouse/butcher shop is well-known for the quality of its in-house dry-aged beef, though of course the restaurant has other offerings as well.
Indeed, B&B recently announced they’ll be adding some new menu items, including a series of daily specials. And though some of those dishes include steak, most more uncommon: a pineapple-glazed chicken-fried pork chop, for instance, or bone-in filet mignon with crab and chimichurri.
Permanent additions to the menu include:
- Mussels marinières, with a white wine and saffron sauce, served with a toasted baguette;
- BLT salad, which includes warm buffalo mozzarella, on a bed of spinach and served with an aged balsamic reduction;
- Chicken-fried pork chop, pork belly confit, sauerkraut, and pineapple glaze;
- Chilean sea bass, prepared pan-seared and served with pearl couscous, basil pesto, and grape tomatoes;
- Seared scallops wrapped in bacon and served with summer salsa with a mango vinaigrette;
- Dover sole meunière, pan-seared with a classic brown butter sauce.
All items are available for lunch and dinner, except for the sole, which is only offered at dinnertime.
In addition to these new menu items, B&B is now offering “Butcher Plate” daily specials at both lunch and dinner:
- Monday: Swordfish ribeye with cajun spice, wild mushrooms, spinach, cippolini onions and citrus beurre blance
- Tuesday: Whole Maine lobster, steamed or broiled, with drawn butter
- Wednesday: 28-day dry-aged A5 Japanese Wagyu ribeye
- Thursday: Veal shank for two with a red wine, veal demi-glaze
- Friday: Chicken-fried Wagyu filet with sage sausage gravy
- Saturday: Bone-in Filet, topped with sautéed crab meat, chimichurri, red pepper coulis
- Sunday: Veal chop Parmigiana, pan-seared with marinara sauce and buffalo mozzarella
According to a release, B&B is the only restaurant in Texas offering the ribeye cut of swordfish as a menu item.