A mother's love is gentle, understanding, beautiful and powerful. And while flowers are classic, a recent survey found that more moms want an experiential gift on Mother's Day. If you're out of ideas (and can't get brunch reservations), check out these special shopping events around town dedicated to celebrating these special women.
- Give the gift of jewelry this Mother's Day—reps from popular brands Ippolita and Roberto Coin will be joining family-owned Zadok Jewelers on May 12-13 in the lead-up to Mother's Day for a pair of designer showcases. Bring mom—and your AmEx.
- Celebrate mom all weekend at DASH Spring Market, taking place at Silver Street Studios. Shoppers can browse from 80-plus home and accessories vendors—think Round Top, but without the drive—plus on May 14 the event will include live music, mimosas and brunch options.
- Look for the pink tents and flowers at Bagby Park in Midtown on May 12 for the first annual Midtown Mother's Day Market. From stained glass to chocolate and coffee and hand-dyed home decor, it's a perfect spot to pick out a special gift with mom.
- Share some multi-generational flower (or, um, succulent) power by making a terrarium with mom at the third annual FlowerPalooza on May 13 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the second-floor Pop Shop America space on 19th Street.
- Get expert shopping and gift advice from local style bloggers (and moms!) at Carrie Ann Boutique's Mother's Day event on May 13 from noon to 3:30 p.m. While you're there, treat yourself to light bites, refreshments, and 20 percent off everything in-store.
- If you have the kind of mom who loves nothing more than creating something crafty (preferably over wine), spend Mother's Day with mom and Memorial's The Rustic Brush, where instructors will lead a pair of sessions on how to create a custom pallet sign (and yes, there will be wine involved).
- For locally made bling, Karat 22 Jewelers is hosting the second weekend of its Mother's Day celebration May 13 and 14—stop in and shop with mom while also enjoying light bites and the store's famous Massie's Chai.
- If mom's most cherished gift would be a one-of-a-kind image of her children, head to The Woodlands Children's Museum, where artist Patti Rishforth will cut child silhouettes during the Mother's Day Silhouette event on May 13.
- Botox and bronzing and beautiful moms go hand-in-hand, so Beautifully Bronzed is offering a day of Botox, injectables and tanning May 11 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Book a Botox session and a Bronzed In A Breeze custom spray tan is only $45.