Will Houston finally go a night this week without a hard freeze? While we wait to find out, it's still Thursday, which means it's time to catch up on the world of Houston food.
- If you need to grab a bite before going to see the Rockets do what they do, keep Brasserie du Parc's new deal in mind. For $10, their Burger and a Beer special will get you exactly what it sounds like, plus French fries. This deal is only available when the Rockets are playing, but you can get it all night long.
- Does the phrase "free barbecue" get your drooling before you can stop yourself? The Caboose BBQ in Alvin is celebrating one year in business, and if you're one of the first 25 people in line Saturday morning that means free barbecue for a year (one free two-meat plate a week, to be precise).
- Ouisie's Table is celebrating National Pie Day with $8 Pie Day flights that include tastes of their three most popular pies: icebox, apple and pecan. You can also pick up a whole pie that day for $15. Pie Day falls on January 23 and is not to be confused with that less tasty day that falls on March 14.
- Luling City Market and Kolache Shoppe have collaborated on a limited edition cheddar cheese and all-beef klobasnek. You can grab them Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, while supplies last, until February 10.
- Whiskey Wednesday returns to Izakaya on the January 31. They'll be welcoming in Nikka, the first company to distill whiskey in Japan. For $85, you'll get to try four of their high-end whiskeys and discuss them with an expert in the field, while also enjoying some paired foods. Space is limited. Find out more on their Facebook page.
- The Houston Barbecue Festival shared its plans for 2018 this week. Plan accordingly.