Houston, are you feeling a little out of touch with your inner child? If current events have got you down or you've been taking life a little too seriously, Brick Fest Live invites you to come play with them at the nation's largest touring LEGO show, headed to Houston this weekend.
On October 20–21, NRG Center will be overtaken by over a million LEGO bricks, plus all the visitors who know how amazing one simple toy can be.
Started by father and daughter YouTubers Chad and Jordyn Collins and entrepreneur Gabe Young, Brick Fest Live was born out of a shared love of building with this favorite toy. What began as a way for fellow LEGO fans to build together has only grown and grown: Now a traveling show, the event focuses on playing and designing together and provides children an opportunity to explore STEM through bricks.
Brick Fest Live features several interactive brick activities that will remind you just how versatile and fun these little blocks can be. Besides marveling at life-sized LEGO creations and exploring their creativity with millions of bricks, this year's attendees can also expect:
- The Brick Fest Speedway, where you can customize your own LEGO derby car and race it down 35-foot tracks.
- The Video Game Arena, featuring all your favorite LEGO video games for head-to-head battles with other gamers.
- Mini Golf on the Brick Links.
- The Glow Gallery, where a black-lit world will reveal another side of some of the most elaborate creations.
- Mosaics, 1-by-1 LEGO tiles that let you assemble your own masterpiece. Visitors can also help create something epic by contributing to a Guinness World Record-sized LEGO mystery mosaic.
After playing all day, it's time to shop. Vintage, rare, and customizable LEGO sets and merchandise all for sale at Brick Fest Live will satisfy shopaholics and collectors alike.
Kids 2 and under are free, and day passes start at $22.50 for kids at heart. Should you opt for the VIP package, you'll score an extra hour of play time along with some Brick Fest swag. Just watch where you step!