If you vote Tuesday, you'll also have the opportunity to eat for free (or for cheap). Several Houston restaurants and eateries are offering special deals to those who cast a ballot on Election Day (and show their "I Voted" sticker).
Here's what you should know:
UPDATE: Great Heights Brewing Company is offering half-off your first beer when presenting your "I Voted" sticker.
- You can drop by The Classic All Day and get a free (that's right, free) lunch or dinner. Just show that "I Voted" sticker. The Classic All Day is Benjy Levit's latest foray into neighborhood dining on Washington Avenue (the old Benjy's space). Alcohol and gratuity are not included in the deal.
- Johnnie Walker is hosting nonpartisan #VoteTogether events Tuesday at three Houston hot spots. After voting, head to one of these bars to watch the results come in and celebrate raising your voice. They include Goodnight Charlie's, where actor Wilmer Valderrama (from That '70s Show) will host an event from 5-8 p.m. with a performance by Chicano Batman. Also having a party: Houston Watch Co. (5-7 p.m.) and Present Company (5-7 p.m.). Goodnight Charlie's is offering happy hour prices to anyone who votes (and is showing his or her sticker).
- East Hampton Sandwich Co. will give you a whoopie pie if you wear your "I Voted" sticker.
- Fajita Pete's is offering a $10 deal: chips and white queso, a red margarita, and a blue margarita (get it?).
- Flash the sticker and get a free cookie or brownie at Antone's Famous Po' Boys.
- Pay half-off for tacos by showing the sticker at all Jax Grill locations.
- Get a free appetizer by exposing that sticker at all Union Kitchen locations.