Fire damage at Baba Yega, shown on Saturday morning.

Image: Baba Yega

Baba Yega, a popular Montrose brunch spot that also serves up vegetarian and vegan fare, caught fire Friday night, according to a representative.

Per the rep, the fire began around 9 p.m. during dinner service, and was believed to have originated near the entrance. All employees and guests were evacuated safely. The restaurant shared its thanks to Houston firefighters on Facebook.

Owners Fred Sharifi and Ashkan and Sue Nowamooz say the restaurant will reopen in 2019.

Filed under
Show Comments
In this Article

Baba Yega

$ American/New American 2607 Grant St.

Opened in 1975, Baba Yega's proudly serves up American Cuisine with a wide vareity of vegetarian and gluten free options. This Montrose mainstay has expanded...