January is over, February is here, and the food news just keeps coming in. Let's get to it.
- The Equinox building at 4444 Westheimer Road has two new concepts headed its way this fall that will be of interest to seafood lovers. The Atlas Restaurant Group is bringing in Ouzo Bay, offering contemporary Mediterranean cuisine, and Loch Bar, a classic seafood tavern, to the space.
- Brennan's Courtyard Bar has brought back their 7-7-7 menu, featuring seven appetizers, cocktails and wines for—wait for it—$7 each. Appetizer options include duck chili nachos and hot chicken sliders.
- If you like your mudbugs incredibly spicy, Casian Crawfish has something that you'll want to try. They've got Viet-style crawfish on the menu, but rather than play it safe with regular hotness, they've stepped up the heat by using Carolina Reaper chile pepper. The result? Crawfish coated in a pepper that hits 2.2 million Scoville Heat Units. Good luck to you. (H/T Chron.com)
- Ever wondered how the Enchilada Queen cooks the way she does? You can find out over the next few months as Sylvia Casares of Sylvia's Enchilada Kitchen hosts a series of cooking classes, with topics including breakfast, tortillas and different styles of enchiladas.
- Katy Asian Town has a lot of good eats coming, and their first restaurant is open for business. If you're out west or don't mind driving that way, you can get a taste of Yummy Pho & Bò Né. (H/T Eater Houston)
- The old Arlo's Ballroom is now Leeland House, a café from restaurateur Cheryl Crider’s Neighborhood Hospitality, who you might know from Around the Corner. The new EaDo spot serves breakfast and lunch during the week and is doing brunch on the weekends. (H/T CultureMap Houston)
- Our friends over at the Houston Press announced that Menu of Menus 2018 will take place on April 10. While that leaves you with plenty of time to get tickets, why wait?
- Not feeling Valentine's Day this year? Would 75-cent chicken wings make you feel better about February 14? Good news: Pluckers locations across the state are hosting Anti-Valentine's Day parties.