If you haven't heard, The Great Texas BBQ Festival is on hold for a few weeks due to potential storms. Be safe, stay dry, and enjoy this week's news.
- As you can see above, Donkeeboy’s new work over at FM Kitchen is done and ready for all your selfie needs. They celebrated the unveiling with a raffle and silent auction benefiting the Astros Foundation.
- King’s BierHaus is no stranger to kolaches and Killen’s BBQ is no stranger to meat. What happens when their powers combine? A team-up that would make even Superman and Batman jealous. Find out for yourself this Saturday over at King’s at their kolache pop-up starting at 9 a.m. You can view the full menu over at their Facebook event page, but just know that the flavors of the month are Killen's Pulled Pork and Killen's Famous Brisket.
- If you’ve been missing Leibman's, you’ll be happy to know that they’re up and running at their new location at 10100 Katy Freeway. They’re serving up breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including the classics from their old location like the Chicken Salad Afrique.
- The folks at Finn Hall announced another name getting in on the action at their new place. Amaya Coffee, a new concept from Max Gonzalez, the owner of Catalina Coffee and Amaya Roasting Company, will join the Finn Hall lineup that includes Goode Co. Taqueria, Low Tide, Mr. Nice Pie, Dish Society and Mala Sichuan.
- Fresco! Café Italiano celebrates their grand opening next week with a deal that can net you some free, fresh house-made pasta. Purchase 10 ounces of Executive Chef Roberto Crescini signature sauces to go and you’ll get 14 ounces of fresh pasta to go with it. Sauce options include Alfredo, marinara, pesto & sundried tomato, meatballs, Texas raised lamb, beef bolognese, spicy pork sausage, and amatriciana. Fresco! is located at 3277 Southwest Freeway, Suite A.
- If June 4-10 is still open on your calendar, you might consider making plans for Wine & Food Week up in The Woodlands. They’re back for their 14th year, and this year’s theme is “Taste the Love.” Get more details at their website.
- May is apparently National Burger Month—in an amusing twist it’s also National Salad Month, but that’s a discussion for another post—and to celebrate Shake Shack is rolling out a Smoked Cheddar BBQ Bacon Burger on May 1. You can also get the smoked cheddar BBQ bacon experience in chicken form, with bacon BBQ cheddar fries being an option as well.
- Chama Gaúcha Brazilian Steakhouse is hosting an exclusive five-course tasting dinner featuring Wild Turkey Whiskeys & William Hill Wines on April 24 at 7 p.m. If you haven’t been out to Chama recently, this will be a good time to check out the newest dish on their rodizio menu: quail. Tickets are $85 per person. Want to know more? Hit their Facebook event page.