Run Houston! Minute Maid Park
- When: March 23
- Distance: 5K, 10K, Kids' 1K, and Virtual Race
- Price: Adults: $44-54; Kids: $28.50-33.50
- Route: An out-and-back 5K course from the ballpark, through downtown and EaDo. 10Kers do it twice.
- Highlights: Looking to improve your personal record? Run Houston’s 2019 series offers races at popular venues about every three months—perfect for testing out all your hard training.
Brazos Bend 50
- When: April 6
- Distance: 5K, 10K, 25K, 50K, 50-miler, 100K
- Price: 5K: $40–45; 10K: $55–60; 25K: $75–80; 50K: $80–85; 50-miler: $90–100; 100K: $110–120
- Route: Six flat, fast, and rugged routes through Brazos Bend State Park’s trails
- Highlights: Experienced trail runners will be looking to reset the 50-mile world record for a $2,000 prize. Others might have more time to admire the abundant wildlife and alligators.
Shipley Donuts Dash
- When: April 13
- Distance: 2 miles
- Price: Ages 13 and up: $30; Ages 4–12: $20; Ages 3 and under: free
- Route: The day starts at BBVA Compass Stadium and ends at 8th Wonder Brewery with doughnut-themed obstacles.
- Highlights: This fun run, costume contest, and after-party benefits local nonprofit Kids’ Meals, which delivers healthy lunches to pre-schoolers in need.
BakerRipley Houston Turkey Trot
- When: November 28
- Distance: 5K, 10K, and Kids' Mile
- Price: Untimed 5K and 10K: $35–45; Timed 5K and 10K: $40; Kids’ Mile and seniors: $25
- Route: Three separate road courses start Uptown, near the intersection of Post Oak and Westheimer.
- Highlights: Take part in this Houston tradition, celebrating its 27th year in 2019, before you gobble-gobble.