While it may not be the brunch bonanza of Mother's Day, Father's Day is nevertheless a busy one for restaurants. Take it from this dad: We like food.
So here we go: A list of what's out there this Sunday, so you can plan your Dad's Day meal.
- Perry's Steakhouse & Grille is opening all locations at 11 a.m. on Sunday. $6.95 brunch cocktails are available, plus the three-course pork chop Sunday supper special. Also on the menu: a 16-ounce bison cowboy chop.
- At Brennan's of Houston, a prix-fixe brunch will be offered from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at $56 per person. A la carte dinner items include Texas wild shrimp remoulade, crawfish-boudin-stuffed quail, and sugarcane-smoked short rib.
- Backstreet Café is serving a three-course prix-fixe meal from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. At $46 per person with live jazz, the brunch includes items like steak and eggs, migas, and bacon-wrapped quail.
- The brunch buffet at Caracol will run 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at $47 per person ($15 per child). On the menu: enchiladas, egg dishes, chile rellenos con huevo, and more.
- At Hungry's, get the Ultimate Bloody Mary at $8 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The restaurant will also offer ribeye, fries, and a Texas draft beer at $20 starting at 5 p.m. Sunday.
- Over at Hugo's, the brunch buffet is $45 per adult ($15 per child ages 10 and younger) and runs 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- It's also $45 per person ($15 per child) at Xochi, with a brunch buffet from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Cocktails, Mexican hot chocolate, and more also available.
- Brenner's on the Bayou is hosting a backyard cookout from 3 p.m. to sunset Sunday. The Father's Day-themed event will include items like a 20-ounce porterhouse and 8-ounce top sirloin, plus beer specials and bourbon, and country music from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Dandelion Cafe is offering $18 hangar steak and eggs with chimichurri and potatoes, plus $2 beers (that's a steal). Runs from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday.
- Bosscat Kitchen & Libations is serving up a Father's Day Flight for $20, including a selection of whiskey pours. Available from Friday to Sunday.
- Étoile Cuisine et Bar will host an a la carte brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. Dishes include beef tenderloin, beef short ribs, and ribeye with pommes frites.
- At La Table, Marché is offering an a la carte brunch (with Punch Brunch options), while Château is doing a grand brunch from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Family-style brunch with stations (raw bar, cheese and charcuterie, salad, carving station). $85 per adult, $35 per child.
- Mastrantos has a couple specialty dishes available for dinner Friday and Saturday. They include a grilled tri-tip with baked yucca and chimichurri bread pudding, and pan-seared pluma pork. For brunch (Saturday-Sunday) get steak and eggs.
- A special brunch menu at Broken Barrel includes items like smoked brisket quesadillas and crab cake Benedict. Brunch from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- La Villa is hosting a prix-fixe brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. At $59 per person get champagne, truffle scrambled eggs, black angus ribeye, and more; children ($20 per) get their own brunch menu. Menu also available a la carte.
- Two special drinks at The Original Ninfa's on Navigation: a watermelon michelada and a grapefruit beer-rita. Both available Friday-Sunday.
- The Union Kitchen (all locations) will have a special menu available for Father's Day brunch, including items like prime rib omelet, brisket and sausage Benedict, and for dinner, barbecue rainbow trout and prime rib.
- Prego will offer a three-course prix-fixe brunch for $25 per person. Off-menu specials will also be available. Starts at 11 a.m. Sunday.
- Fig & Olive is offering a prix-fixe brunch as well, this one $48 per person, starting at 11 a.m. Special Father's Day cocktails will also be available.
- Lucienne at Hotel Alessandra will pair with its brunch a specialty Texas highball made with Glenlivet Founder's Reserve. Brunch on Sunday lasts from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Rainbow Lodge will open at 10:30 a.m. for á la carte brunch. At 5 p.m. it's á la carte dinner with the $15 Sunday supper special: wild game meatloaf. Also a special cocktail available made with bourbon, ice-tea-infused vodka, ginger-peach syrup, peaches, lemon, and mint.
- Brasserie du Parc is offering a special a la carte brunch with items like eggs Benedict, braised beef short ribs, and a 12-ounce ribeye.
- Sylvia's Enchilada Kitchen will host brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. $24.95 per adult and $12 for children ages 11 and younger. Look for a made-to-order breakfast station, omelet station, enchilada station, and more. Also, for $40 get cabrito asado (barbecue goat) with poblano grits, avocado, and tortillas.
- Yauatcha is adding a special dessert to its menu this Father's Day: milk chocolate choux (milk chocolate chantilly, sesame ganache, and dulce de leche, paired with stout beer ice cream). It's available both Saturday and Sunday, both for dining in and taking out.
- Rodeo Goat is bringing back the Dad Bod Burger, a burger with beef patty, fried mac 'n' cheese patty, Fresno mayo, arugula, pickles, and queso), while also offering a Procreation Penny Pint (prove you have kids, and you get a $0.01 beer). Available 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Sunday.
- And from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Last Concert Café, I'll Have What She's Having is hosting its second annual Father's Day Cookout. $60 includes admission, food, and beverage, while a VIP tasting from Patrón is $30, and the child's plate is $15. Participating chefs include Justin Yu, EJ Miller (International Smoke), Matt Cabon and Otto Sanchez (Magnol French Baking), Mallory Buford (Tacos A Go Go), and Alvin Schultz (Eat. Drink. Experience!). Proceeds support Liz Fenton Purse Snacks, which helps uninsured members of the Houston culinary industry.