Ladies and gentlemen, children of ages 21 and older: Summer has arrived.
Why do we say this? Because Saturday is National Rosé Day. Bars, restaurants, hotels, and shops are all getting in on the action, celebrating bright, refreshing, crisp, and fruity wine with parties and special deals. The only question: Where are you marking the occasion?
- Brasserie 19 is throwing a big party from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, featuring more than 50 different types of still and sparking rosé, along with rosé cocktails and frosé. Purchase a bottle and you'll be entered to win a swag basket.
- Both locations of King's BierHaus are throwing bashes on Saturday. Look for bottle and by-the-glass rosé specials, plus raffle prizes, and live music starting at 5 p.m.
- Hotel Derek is hosting a Rosé All Day pool party from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. Babe Rosé (canned rosé) will be on hand. Music, games, a splash pool, and more. $25 per person, and that includes self-parking for one vehicle.
- Looking to sample a couple bottles of rosé? Head to French Country Wines in the Boulevard Oaks area, where from noon to 6 p.m., you can try wines from small family-owned French vineyards.
- Speaking of French wine, Bistro Provence will sell three different kinds of French rosé by the glass on Saturday.