Forget photos with Santa Claus—bluebonnet season is where the real trauma happens, baby. Do any of these scenarios sound familiar? Of course they do.
The Traditional Texas Child Photo-Op
- Photo you want: A sweet little boy surrounded by bluebonnets.
- What goes wrong: The 3-year-old disrobes alongside the busy highway.
- What you get: A toddler with a shirt half above his head. But bluebonnets!
- Where it ends up: Filed away. Just wait till he’s 16.
The Traditional Texas Dog Photo-Op
- Photo you want: “Nibbles will look so cute in his bluebonnet-blue bowtie!”
- What goes wrong: “No Nibbles, don’t pee on the bluebonnets ...”
- What you get: The dog in an expanse of beautiful (but urine-soaked) flowers.
- Where it ends up: Instagram. The bowtie is totes adorbs.
The Family Photo, Bluebonnet Edition
- Photo you want: The whole fam smiling and surrounded by flowers.
- What goes wrong: The kids won't stop screaming. Ever.
- What you get: “Check out our crying children while we smile through the pain!”
- Where it ends up: Everywhere. We even made T-shirts!
DIY Save-the-Date Photos
- Photo you want: “Nobody will know we didn’t pay for engagement pictures!”
- What goes wrong: “Tell them about the time the bee flew into your face, babe.”
- What you get: Shaky video of your honey freaking out.
- Where it ends up: On your phone for blackmail purposes.