After months of construction, the fourth and newest location of Christian's Tailgate Bar & Grill opened yesterday afternoon at 1010 Hwy. 6 N., adding one more spot to the Energy Corridor's ever-growing list of local restaurants.

Christian's Tailgate Bar & Grill
1010 Hwy. 6 N.
christianstailgate.com

The original Christian's Tailgate opened in the 1940s on Washington Ave. under the name Christian's Totem, on the site of the original camp store for the adjacent Camp Logan, now known as the Rice Military neighborhood. For 60 years, it was the only Christian's in town. Then, in 2006, Christian's rebranded and opened its first satellite location at the bottom of a Midtown midrise. A Heights location followed in 2010. Owner Steve Christian—whose grandfather opened Christian's Totem—sold those two locations to new investors in 2013, who quickly announced plans to take the Christian's Tailgate concept into new parts of town.

The new Christian's location represents its largest so far, with room for 45 flat-screen TVs and 45 different draft beers in its 6,500 square feet of space inside the former Cattleguard Restaurant on Hwy. 6. Of the construction, Christian's Tailgate writes on its Facebook page: "The process of taking an older building and making it new again is a fun, frustrating and time consuming process. To date, this is our biggest establishment and a lot of love has gone into this new location."

The restaurant is currently serving a limited menu, but expect the full lineup including Christian's famous Country Fried Bacon Burgers and Heart Attack Fries to follow soon.

Show Comments