For the kid who just might sprout gills
- Stay at: The Houstonian Hotel
- Be Prepared: To never leave the giant resort pool’s 32-foot slide, geysers, and waterfalls
Book: The Traditional King if the kids are cool with a sleeper sofa; from $349
- Family fun: Seek dry land with a Saturday Nature Hike on the 27-acre property.
- Adults Only: Gasp! The Houstonian Club childcare allows you to escape to the spa or kids-free Garden Pool.
For the kid who knows every exotic species
- Stay at: The Moody Gardens Hotel
- Be Prepared: To head to the pyramids to spot aquatic and endangered animals upon arrival
Book: The Junior Suite for a little more breathing room; from $355
- Family Fun: Set sail on the Colonel Paddlewheel Boat for a one-hour tour of Offatts Bayou.
- Adults only: If you can sneak away, the seaside links at Moody Garden's Golf are a must.
For the kid who seeks adrenaline at every turn
- Stay at: The Boardwalk Inn
- Be Prepared: For one-of-a-kind rollercoasters and stingray sightings just steps away
- Book: The Bay View Master Suite with three balconies and room for four; from $350
- Family Fun: The Dine, Stay, and Play package for four grants access to rides and sights, plus a $100 restaurant credit.
- Adults only: Catch live music from the balcony after the kids have gone to bed.
For the kid who is all about the outdoors
- Stay at: Margaritaville Lake Resort
- Be Prepared: For lake life, plus mini golf, pickle ball, sports courts, and water slides
Book: The lofted Lake Cottage with a refined summer camp vibe for six; from $189
- Family fun: Stick around through Sunday to catch a kid-friendly flick on the LandShark Landing Event Lawn.
- Adults only: A Texas Brewery Tour leaves from the hotel on Saturdays and Sundays.