LAUNCH, the downtown pop-up boutique we've come to know and love, is celebrating its first birthday in an especially awesome way: by honoring Houston's (many) badass women entrepreneurs.
To do that, LAUNCH has partnered with HTX Boss Babes, the organization that highlights women-owned businesses with social media campaigns and popular biannual pop-ups of its own. For the month of February, LAUNCH and HTX Boss Babes will curate goods designed and produced by Houston women, hosting a series of events and sales at the Avenida De Las Americas space.
Twelve women-owned brands make up the fierce February line-up, which kicks off next Thursday, February 7 with an event called "The Mommie Series." From 6–9 p.m. at LAUNCH, shoppers can engage in discussion on family, health, finance, and fashion–and yes, there will be champagne. Tickets are available online for 20 percent off using code "FASHION" at checkout. Proceeds benefit A Children's House for the Soul.
It's worth noting that, aside from the roster it produced, the collaboration itself is driven by women: Sydney Dao serves as the director of retail to curate LAUNCH, and HTX Boss Babes was founded by Ellyse Espinoza (owner and designer of State Line Designs) and Gabriella Campos (founder and creative director of Miradela).
"We are kicking off the new year with honoring and celebrating the strong women of Houston," Dao said in a press release. "The mission of LAUNCH is to be a resource for emerging designers and artists, and for the next two months LAUNCH will also be a place where moms, friends, and colleagues can engage and connect and ultimately leave feeling motivated to accomplish their next challenge."
Stay tuned for other February event announcements through LAUNCH's social media channels. In the meantime, get excited to bask in a lot of girl power, all under one roof, with the following featured brands:
- Bear Cub Leather Goods – handmade leather goods
- Carla Sue Greeting Cards – fun and sassy cards, shirts, and gifts
- Chauncey and Coco – modern jewelry and small gifts
- Crowns Coloring Books – coloring books celebrating diverse beauty
- Miradela – coffee mugs, tees, and delicate jewelry inspired by Mexican culture
- Non – children's line for adventurous and imaginative girls
- Ooby Dooby Baby – fashionable bibs and children's shirts
- Si Creative Photography – scenic, Houston-centric photography
- Stateline Designs – Houston and Texas-inspired tees
- Sugar Land Candle Company – luxury scented candles
- Three Hearts Apparel – baby teething accessories
- Twisted Tantra – yoga apparel
Shop the pop-up market through March 3, Monday–Saturday from 10 a.m.–6 p.m.