The moment is finally Here: H-E-B is now in the Heights. Situated at 2300 N. Shepherd Drive, the newest location of the San Antonio-based supermarket chain is bound to be packed during its grand opening Wednesday. Whether or not you're heading over, here's what you should expect:
- Hours: 6 a.m. to midnight daily.
- Curbside grocery pickup will be offered at the Heights location. Here's the site from where you can order.
- A good beer selection. Per the Chronicle, about 300 beers will be available, including a selection of local craft brews. About 1,800 bottles of wine will also be on the shelves, according to the report.
- The Roastery. Already open at the Bellaire H-E-B, this coffee and fresh food concept from a quartet of well-known chefs will have a spot in the Heights' market.
- The HE_GHTS sign. Outside the market are letters spelling out the name of the neighborhood, just without an I. That's not a mistake—H-E-B wants people to take photos of themselves as the I. One unfortunate aspect of this: A red fire hydrant is right in front of the sign. (Not great planning on their part). We can't wait to see the 'grams.
- The usual market fare. Look for a butcher area with Prime beef, a seafood counter, scratch bakery and tortilleria, deli, and a sushi station.
- A pharmacy with a drive-thru lane.
- Live cooking demonstrations at the Cooking Connection kiosk.