WE'RE HALFWAY THROUGH THE COLD SEASON (wHEW!) and warm weather will soon be here, making Discovery Green the ideal destination for Houstonians to shake off the winter blues. The Downtown Houston park recently announced its spring program, and it’s filled with activities for kids, fitness lovers and couples looking for new date night ideas.
The spring season, which kicks off on March 1 and runs through June 29, includes a Thursday night concert series, a roller skating rink, a movie screening series, an Earth Day celebration and more.
Here are some of the events you surely won't want to miss:
- Clutch City Wednesdays: Weekly from March 9 through April 6, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Wear any Houston sports team gear to receive $2 off admission.
- FUNomenal Spring Break’s performances, STEM activities, workshops and more, for all ages, will be held from Monday, March 14 to Friday, March 18, noon to 4 p.m.
- Houston Walk for Victory, a non-athletic global walk program presented by the Marfan Foundation, on Saturday, March 26, 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Saturday screenings of two new Disney films: Encanto on May 7 at 7 p.m. and Illumination’s Sing 2 on June 11 at 7 p.m.
- Paul Wall featuring Doc Loc & The Swangers will perform May 19 from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. as a part of the Thursday night concert series presented by the University of Houston-Downtown.
For more information on Discovery Green’s spring season, visit here.