The inaugural HTown Home and Outdoor Living Show at Silver Street Studios features appearances by top names in home improvement and over 100 exhibitors displaying new home products and services. A show highlight will be appearances by former White House florist Laura Dowling. She’ll promote floral design concepts from her new book Bouquets and share behind the scenes White House stories from her time in the Obama Administration. Catch her at her two sessions daily sessions on March 7th and 8th.
Get a start on spring cleaning with tips from Ashley Barber, Houston’s first certified KonMari professional organizer and owner of Simply Maven. She’ll be available to answer questions one-on-one or attendees can go to one of her four presentations during the weekend. The KonMari Method is created by Marie Kondo, bestselling author, star of Netflix's hit show Tidying Up With Marie Kondo, and founder of KonMari Media Inc.
Other highlights include:
• Outdoor Perfection, the event's featured landscape exhibitor, is offering 20 percent off during the show to celebrate 20 years of business. Their landscape design is native-Texas-themed and low maintenance, with lots of color, varying textures, chopped stone borders, travertine paver patios, and a water feature.
• Light up your home year-round for any occasion by the touch of an app with Trimlight Houston.
• Talk to experts on landscaping, outdoor living, kitchen and bath remodeling, pools, attics, paint, flooring, bathtubs, skylights, pest/mosquito control, closet and garage organization, spas/hot tubs, windows/window treatments, roofing, garages, furniture, mattresses, and much more.
• Katie Stavinoha, publisher of The Round Top Antiques Show Guide, will share information on the nationally popular Round Top Antique Show held in Round Top, Texas, in March.
• Attendees can grab a bite from food trucks, including CoffeeQ and Wokker.
• Ask the Harris County Master Gardeners Booth and get answers to springtime gardening questions.
Additional Professional Speakers include:
- Michael Garfield, The High-Tech Texan—Be one of the first to see and hear about the newest Smart Home products from The Consumer Electronics Show
- Diane Cowen, Houston Chronicle Architecture/Design Writer—Meet one-on-one with her or see her daily presentation, Take the Know Your Favorite Design Style Quiz!
- Tasha Nielsen, CEO of FloodFrame Flood Protection System
- Tom Tynan, longtime host of HomeShow Radio on SportsRadio 610—Until 2 p.m. both days
- Dany Millikin, HomeShow Garden Pro—He’ll speak on Unlocking a Better Lawn
- Sherwin Williams Color Snap Color Consultants
The show runs from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, March 7, and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, March 8, at Silver Street Studios, 2000 Edwards Street in Houston. Tickets for the show are $10 for adults, $9 for seniors, and children 12 years and younger get in for free.
For tickets visit texwoodshows.com and download the $2 discount coupon.