3 Ways to Celebrate Houston Fashion This Season
This time of year, it's easy for even the most dedicated fashionistas among us to lose track.
NYFW might have ended last week, but there's still plenty going on here in the dirty South. So much so that, starting right now, one could conceivably attend a style-related event nearly every day for the rest of the month (and beyond). That said, it's easy for even the most dedication fashionistas among us to lose track; to help, here's a roadmap to three upcoming offerings.
Fashion X Houston
- What: A three-night series of high-end runway shows from a slew of names, including River Oaks District retailers (like Alice + Olivia and Stella McCartney), local designers (including Chloe Dao and Miles David) and more to benefit local charities, plus in-store events and promos each night from 5–7 p.m.
- When: Thursday, October 4–Sunday, October 6
- Where: River Oaks District, 4444 Westheimer Rd.
- Tickets: $35 and up, available online.
- What: A biannual fashion event, now in its seventh year, from founder Omar Marcos featuring fashion installations, a pop-up shop, and a runway show of local and international designers to benefit Wig Out. This year's guest host: designer Anthony Williams, winner of Project Runway All Stars season 6.
- When: Thursday, September 27; 6:30–9 p.m.
- Where: Kirby Collection, 3333 Lake St.
- Tickets: $25.10 and up, available online.
Fashion District Festival
- What: An inaugural week-long event series featuring interactive runway shows, in-store events, panel discussions, fashion and beauty workshops, parties, and more to benefit Toxin Youth Foundation. Participating designers and brands include Elaine Turner, Kendra Scott, Social Status, J. Crew, and Ann Taylor.
- When: Monday, September 17–Sunday, September 23
- Where: 800 Town and Country Blvd.
- Tickets: $50 and up, available online.