Revive With a Trip to Japan, New Zealand or Thailand
Going home for the holidays is tough, but taking a vacay afterward is the best way to rejuvenate.
Now that Thanksgiving has passed, it is time to recover from the awkward moments that happened at the dinner table with your kooky uncle and overly-frank grandmother. Depending on how far you need to go, there are several deals for both domestic and international flights. Move quickly, though, because many of the deals end on December 3 and 4.
- A trip to Orlando and Tampa is only $34.10 away with Spirit Airlines. Book your trip by midnight on December 4 for travel during select dates in December and January.
- Spirit is also offering one-way flights for January and February to Atlanta ($43.09), Chicago, ($34.10), Denver ($34.10), Detroit ($53.09), Las Vegas ($43.09), New Orleans ($34.10) and San Diego ($68.09). The promotion ends at midnight on December 3.
- Fly with Southwest Airlines for one-way airfare ranging from $74 to $184. There are over 30 locations—domestic and international—to choose from including Baltimore, Belize City, Cancun, El Paso, Indianapolis, Mexico City, Montego Bay, Oakland and Panama City Beach, to name several. Book your ticket by December 3 for travel in the US from December 8 through March 25, or January 11 through March 3 for international travel.
- Take a week-long vacation to Puerto Rico from $348 to $693. Cheapflights.com currently has a deal to San Juan for December 5 through December 12, and Aguadilla from February 13 through 22. Click here to see additional options.
- United Airlines has a large selection of cities you can visit, starting at $168 for a round-trip flight. Destinations include Alexandria, Baton Rouge, Cleveland, Hobbs, Jackson, Little Rock, Palm Springs and more. The special ends on December 4 at midnight.
- Put Japan and Beijing on your radar because Groupon.com is offering a ten-day tour to both destinations. The promotion includes round-trip airfare from IAH, hotel accommodations in Tokyo, Mount Fuji, Beijing and Kyoto, transportation between all cities, and daily breakfast. Departures are open from April until October, starting at $1,779. You have five days left to purchase this trip.
- Groupon also has an all-inclusive package to China and Thailand from $1,299, including a round-trip flight from IAH, daily breakfast and hotel accommodations in select cities. The 11-day/nine-night tour is available for the months of February through September, and must be booked in less than two weeks.
- A retreat to Auckland, New Zealand is one click away—and has a price tag starting at $998. The round-trip airfare can be purchased for May 1 through June 21, and July 24 through September 21. Bookings must be completed by December 15 so don’t waste anytime. If you’re still not convinced, this article should do the trick.