Airline deals are off to a slow start this week with only a handful of companies offering decent savings. Undeterred, we scraped together the best deals we could find.
Domestic and International Deals
- See Costa Rica up close and personal thanks to Groupon.com, which is offering a nine-day trip to La Fortuna, San José and Guanacaste. The all-inclusive package features a round-trip flight from IAH, a three-night stay at the Green Lagoon Wellbeing Resort in the Arenal Volcano National Park region, a second three-night stay at Villas Sol in Playa Hermosa, a one-night stay at Barceló San José Palacio in San José, daily meals and drinks (alcoholic beverages, too) and an economy rental car. Prices begin at $799 for travel during September through January, and must be booked by September 30.
- With Emirates, fly to Milan from $659, Tehran from $729, Dubai and Delhi from $799, Bangkok from $879 and Singapore from $949. Travel must occur during September, 19 through December 2, and January 9 through May 24 of next year. In order to snag this, you must purchase your round-trip flight seven days in advance, and also stay a minimum of seven days.
- Southwest Airlines has affordable one-way tickets across the nation and to Mexico for less than $200 including flights to Atlanta from $160, Cancun and Puerto Vallarta from $148, Chicago from $161, New York from $157, Portland from $124, San Diego from $160, and Washington, D.C. from $129. For a complete list of cities, click here.
- Frontier Airlines once again has cheap tickets to Las Vegas ($89), Denver ($74), Atlanta ($59) and Cincinnati ($89); however, today is your last chance to purchase these deals, which cannot be used for travel during November 19 - 20, 22 - 33 and 25 – 28.
- Spirit Airlines is currently offering low fares for flights taken anytime now until December. Some of the cities include Baltimore ($41.09 one-way), Detroit ($93.09), Fort Lauderdale ($63.09), Minneapolis ($40.09), and New Orleans ($34.99). Bookings must be made by Tuesday, Sept. 13.
- Head to New York from $134 with Jet Blue Airlines for travel during October 8 until January 9, or Boston from $39 for dates between September 26 and January 9.
- On Skyscanner.com find tickets to Denver at $97 in September, Los Angeles at $99, Las Vegas at $112, Calgary at $264, and Dublin at $629 all in October, Chicago and New Orleans starting at $81 in November, Manchester at $552 in March 2017 and lastly, Hong Kong at $506 in April 2017.
Average September Flight Prices
According to hipmunk.com’s monthly flight report, the standard cost for round-trip flights out of Houston ranges from $190 to $479 during the month of September. If you’ve been keeping your eye on a certain destination, now might be the time to get to booking. Below are the average prices for the top eight destinations out of Houston: