Where to Find 4 of Houston's Best Cold-Weather Comfort Foods
Perk up with a bowl of pozole—we've got the perfect place.
We only get a few chances every year to savor something truly tummy-warming, and these four dishes encourage sharing, so tuck in with friends and family.
- What: Pork and hominy soup with cilantro, onions, lime and tostadas
- Where: Luna y Sol, served only on Saturdays and Sundays
- How much: $5.99 (small) or $9.99 (large)
Chicken Pot Pie
- What: Chicken, carrots and peas in a cream sauce with puff pastry
- Where: Kenny & Ziggy’s
- How much: $18.95
Boeuf aux Olives
- What: Beef stew in a hearty tomato and red wine sauce with green olives
- Where: Bistro Provence
- How much: $22
- What: Mussels steamed in bisque, cognac and cream, served with frites
- Where: Café Brussels
- How much: $16
Excerpted from our December 2015 feature, 65 Winter Must-Dos.