From its humble beginnings as a food truck in 2010, Fusion Taco has found enough success to expand to two brick-and-mortar locations, opening first a downtown restaurant in 2013 and then a second in the Heights earlier this year. This coming Saturday marks the first special event to be held at the Heights location.
Fusion is hosting the Taco Beer Brunch on May 13, starting at noon; the chefs at Fusion have worked in conjunction with Saint Arnold to create a five-course menu with a different taco for each course and an appropriate beer pairing for each.
The event will kick off with a round of cocktails: raspberry margaritas made with Saint Arnold’s Raspberry AF. The menu for the rest of the event will be as follows:
- A “Lobster Benedict” taco, with poached lobster, eggs and Hollandaise sauce on flatbread, paired with the Pub Crawl pale ale
- A steak and egg taco with cojita cheese and salsa verde, paired with the Amber ale
- A seared Brussels Sprouts taco, made with smoked pork belly, black beans and goat cheese, and paired with the Art Car IPA
- A potato-and-egg taco made with roasted sweet potatoes, chorizo, eggs, tomatillo salsa and lime crema, and paired with the Endeavour double IPA
- And for dessert, house-made Pumpkinator ice cream and cinnamon churros
If you’d like to know more about the beers being offered, representatives from Saint Arnold will be on hand to discuss their brews and answer any questions.
Tickets are $35 and can be purchased at Eventbrite.