5 Amazing Pools You Should Try to Get In This Summer
Just a little summertime scheming.
July has arrived, and with it, Houstonians’ need to be submerged in water whenever possible. Sure, you can call up your buddy who’s got a pool and invite yourself over—that’s 100 percent allowed, as long as you bring the beer. But what other, grander spots should you be scheming to get into? Our eyes are on these five.
Marriott Marquis Houston
- Accessibility: 🔒
- Requires: Wristband, provided only to registered hotel guests
- Perks: You’ve undoubtedly seen aerial views of the Texas-shaped lazy river overlooking downtown and Discovery Green. There’s a separate infinity pool, too.
- Best for: Saying you did it
Market Square Tower
- Accessibility: 🔒🔒🔓
- Requires: Knowing a resident with a key fob to use the elevator. (Two Houston YouTubers who filmed themselves sneaking in faced trespassing charges last year.)
- Perks: The “sky pool,” a glass-bottomed infinity pool cantilevered 10 feet over the rooftop edge of this 40-story, 502-foot apartment high-rise.
- Best for: Putting your fear of heights to the test once and for all
- Accessibility: 🔒🔒
- Requires: Knowing a resident
- Perks: This Upper Kirby apartment complex boasts a full acre of landscaped terrace with great views, all-day sun, semi-submerged lounge chairs, and cabanas.
- Best for: Chillers and grillers
The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa
- Accessibility: 🔒
- Requires: Being a hotel guest or club member
- Perks: Choose from not one, not two, but three pools—a relaxing, warm-water garden pool; a 25-yard lap pool; and a resort pool with waterfalls, geysers, water sports, and a 32-foot slide.
- Best for: The indecisive
Energy Corridor Estate
- Accessibility: 🔒🔒🔒
- Requires: Owning or being invited to the home
- Perks: This heated, 60,000-gallon private pool features a waterfall, grotto, tanning area, shaded cabanas, and resort-sized spa.
- Best for: Anyone with $14 million to make an offer—as of press time, it’s still on the market