Don't let this (what the heck is this anyway) cold weather dissuade you from celebrating Fat Tuesday. Several local restaurants and bars are offering specials and throwing parties today. Join in!
Here's what's out there:
- Brennan's of Houston has live music, custom cocktails, and Creole dishes like buttermilk fried quail beignet, Louisiana crawfish pies, Bayou City shrimp creole, and Mardi Gras Mambo King Cake. Menu available from 5:45 to 9:45 p.m. $65 per person includes starter, entrée, and dessert.
- At the Square at Memorial City, join The Rouxpour in celebration from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. The Rouxpour will be serving gumbo, red beans and rice, and bread pudding. A cash bar means you can purchase the Slurricane. Music from the Beau Bayou Zydeco Band and a second line from the Hot City Brass Second Line.
- Bernie's Burger Bus is making king cake. Get classic cinnamon ($30), cream cheese ($35), and pecan praline ($40).
- Grab a coffee from Royal Sonesta Houston, which serves PJ's Coffee out of New Orleans. Three flavors for Mardi Gras season: Zulu Coconut Iced Mocha, King Cake Latte, and King Cake Protein Velvet Ice.
- The Rustic is hosting a boil called Mardi Craw today. First-come, first-serve for the boil, which begins at 5 p.m. Get two pounds of crawfish, corn, and potatoes, jambalaya with grilled shrimp, and chicken and sausage gumbo.