If, like Eva Gabor, you just adore a penthouse view, this Sunday's fundraiser for Lucky Dog Rescue is the charity event you've been waiting for. Those familiar with the semi-annual Lucky Dog fundraisers will recall that they're usually held firmly on the ground, in the lush setting of Ralph Smith's photography studio and gardens in Gulfton. This time, however, the dinner will take place high above the city in the brand-new SkyHouse River Oaks.
Guests will enjoy sweet and savory creations from a similar line-up of the sorts of talented chefs found at previous Lucky Dog dinners, but this time they'll be enjoying those dishes atop the penthouse-level pool and sky deck at the new apartment tower. Chefs in the Sky will take place Sunday, Oct. 25 from 5 to 8 p.m., meaning you'll have plenty of time to take in the sunset while you nosh.
And if you, like many Houstonians, haven't had a chance to make it out to the dozens of restaurants that have opened over the last year, Chefs in the Sky is also an opportunity to sample dishes from a whole slate of newcomers, including:
- Eric Aldis - The Marque/Method
- Dean Bolenes – a la carte Events & Catering
- Donald Chang – Uptown Sushi
- Jared Estes – Cook & Collins/Crisp
- Kelsey Hawkins – Pour Society
- Jonathan Levine – Jonathan’s The Rub
- Ruth Lipsky – Stick It Food Truck
- Kevin Naderi – Roost
- Omar Pereney – PESKA Seafood Culture
- Brian Pepper – Ocean Grille & Beach Bar (Galveston)
- Micah Rideout – Tarakaan
- Josh Shoebe – Whole Foods
- Jess DeSham Timmons – Redneck Country Club
- Shannen Tune - Craft Burger
- Johnny Wesley – Holley’s Seafood Restaurant & Oyster Bar
- William Wright – Helen Greek Food & Wine
Tickets for the event are $75 and include complimentary valet as well as beverage pairings from Leprechaun Premium Hard Cider, Mulderbosch Vineyards and more. As with other Lucky Dog fundraisers, all proceeds go to benefit the 501(c)3 foster-based charity that's dedicated to providing rescue services, vet care, foster care and adoptive placement to stray and abandoned dogs.
Chefs in the Sky, Oct. 25, 5-8 p.m., SkyHouse River Oaks, 2013 Westcreek Ln., luckyrescue.org