What do you do when you find yourself unable to make up your mind about what to drink with your dinner? Do you risk ordering several full-sized cocktails and brave the ensuing hangover? What if your interest lies in learning more about a particular type of beverage and its varieties?
If you've suffered any of these quandaries, then the new “Flights of Fancy” program at Ouisie’s Table is right up your alley.
Just added to the menu, the “Flights of Fancy” program is a series of flights of various spirits and wines offered at a reasonable price. For between $15 and $20, diners can sample a hand-picked selection of three expressions of each spirit:
- The Scotch flight consists of the Aberfeldy 12-year, a Highland Scotch; the 12-year from Balvenie, a Speyside distillery, and the famously peaty 10-year Laphroaig from Islay.
- The tequila flight comprises one of each of the three most common age statements of tequila, starting with the Pura Vida silver, before moving to the Casa Noble reposado, and finishing with the Patron Roca anejo.
- The Bourbon flight is composed of three American whiskeys of different styles. It includes Woodford Reserve, a bourbon; Redemption rye whiskey; and Rebecca Creek’s Texas whiskey, a blended bourbon-based whiskey.
If you’re not into hard liquor, fret not: Ouisie’s flight program isn’t limited to spirits. “Flights of Fancy” also includes three wine flights.
- The white wine flight contains a Michele Redde Sancerre, a Vocoret Chablis, and The Blindfold Blend.
- The red wine flight comprises The Calling pinot noir, The Fortress cabernet, and The Cleaver blend.
- The bubbles flight consists of the Ruffino Prosecco, the Santa Julia Brut Rose, and the Perrier Jouet Champagne.
In addition to the flights listed here, Ouisie’s will offer other flights as daily specials. During the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo season, special flights showcasing Texas-made spirits will be available as well.