Restaurant News

Popular Montrose Brunch Restaurant Catches Fire, Plans to Reopen In 2019

Baba Yega was evacuated safely during dinner service Friday night.

By Timothy Malcolm December 8, 2018

Fire damage at Baba Yega, shown on Saturday morning.

Image: Baba Yega

Baba Yega, a popular Montrose brunch spot that also serves up vegetarian and vegan fare, caught fire Friday night, according to a representative.

Per the rep, the fire began around 9 p.m. during dinner service, and was believed to have originated near the entrance. All employees and guests were evacuated safely. The restaurant shared its thanks to Houston firefighters on Facebook.

Owners Fred Sharifi and Ashkan and Sue Nowamooz say the restaurant will reopen in 2019.

Filed under
Share
Show Comments