68 Reasons to Hit Houstonia's Summer Shopping Soiree This Weekend
Have you heard? Houstonia is throwing a Summer Shopping Soiree on Saturday and everyone is invited. It's happening Aug. 27 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Silver Street Studios. Did we mention it's free? (Unless you buy stuff, which you will. That costs money. Don't say we didn't warn you.) Anyways, we know you're busy, so we've got way more to offer than just more than 60 local stores and independent brands participating. Let's break it down.
1. It's supposed to rain all weekend, the same way it's been raining every day for at least a month, and we're way past summer blockbuster season.
2. The nail artists from Dripped will be offering express manicures for shoppers.
3. A mimosa bar for shoppers from Sourced Craft Cocktails, plus cocktails from TX Whiskey
4. Shoppers can take a breather between purchases at the vintage lounge provided by Georgia Brown Home and curated for maximum cool by Manready Mercantile.
5. If you haven't hit the new Steel City Pops yet, they'll be on-site serving up their signature treats, alongside Houston food truck faves Oh My Gogi!, Taco Me Crazy and more.
6. Whether you're feeling flush or looking for a bargain, you're in luck, as vendors will be stocking a mix of summer close-outs and fresh fall fashions.
7. It's never not a good time to take some photo booth pics (courtesy Foto Houston) with your friends.
8. You can guiltlessly upgrade your experience because all VIP goodie bag sales and donations will go to benefit MD Anderson Cancer Center's Boot Walk to End Cancer.
9. The main event: More than 60 local stores and independent lines covering men's and women's clothing, jewelry, beauty, home decor, arts and crafts, children's goods and food and drink.