Levy Park, the beloved pocket park in Upper Kirby, has brought back on-site activities that are fresh for fall. If you head out to one of these classes or events, remember to play it safe—wear your mask and practice social distancing. The park also asks that you don’t move its furniture (it's placed for social distancing); don’t go if you have symptoms; and do keep in mind the Children’s Park and water feature will remain closed.
Here's what the fall in-park lineup looks like for October.
- Four Dragons Tai Chi, 9 a.m. on Thursdays
- Bollywood/Bhangra Dancing, 10 a.m. on Saturdays
- Zumba by Tiny Fitness, 9 a.m. on Sundays
- H.I.I.T by The Preserve Gym. 7 p.m. on Tuesdays (starting October 6)
- Body Barre by Define, 6 p.m. on Wednesdays (starting October 7)
All classes happen in the park's event pavilion.
- Public Piano Play, noon to 6 p.m. on Fridays
- Sunday Drum Jam, 3:30–5 p.m. on Sunday, October 11
- Houston Center for Photography Workshop: Symbolic Self-Portrait , 9 a.m. on Saturday, October 17 (includes online lecture beforehand on October 13)
- Young Audiences of Houston performances, 1 p.m. on Saturdays
- Prelude Concert Series, 4:30–5:15 p.m. on Saturdays (beginning October 17)
- Houston Museum of Natural Science: Venomous VS Poisonous, 2–4 p.m. on Saturday, October 24