New year, new you, right? Time to go vegan! But if the first thing that comes to mind when you think vegan is “HOW?!” … question no further!
We all love the juiciness of perfectly cooked pork, or the char of a well-grilled skirt steak, but substitute for some veggie alternatives, and you won’t be missing much inside that tortilla. Cauliflower, for example, is a perfect, flavor-packed star that hits all the right notes when roasted. And if it seems impossible to cook without butter, milk, or cheese, just head to H-E-B. Daiya makes a great mozzarella that pairs well with cauliflower. And to spice it up, grab some Follow Your Heart high-omega vegan ranch.
Honestly, between the buffalo sauce, cheese, and veggies, you won’t realize how healthy this dish is. Here’s the perfect vegan taco recipe to kickstart the new year and ease yourself into healthy cooking.
Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
- Small cauliflower head
- 8-10 ounces buffalo sauce
- Garlic powder
- Vegan ranch
- Vegan mozzarella cheese
- Sliced Baby Bella mushrooms
- Sliced iceberg lettuce
- Sliced avocado
- Flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine buffalo sauce, garlic powder, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Place aside, then chop cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix cauliflower into the buffalo sauce and stir until evenly coated. Spread evenly onto baking sheet.
- Wash mushrooms, then place on top of cauliflower. Then bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping cauliflower halfway through.
- To assemble tacos, place cauliflower mix, lettuce, cheese, and avocado slices in your tortilla. Drizzle vegan ranch atop tacos.