City life can be hard, expensive and draining, but it comes with the world's best perk: overhearing things. And now, thanks to social media, we can all share in the delicious second-hand entertain of a couple breaking up on a train, or a rooftop, or a cafe, not to mention some amazingly bad Tinder meetups. If there's anything more thrilling than listening in on the people around you, I'm not sure what it is. It's way better than having your own dumb conversation, that's for sure.
So let's all pause and thank the mysterious benefactor behind the new Instagram account @overheardatbrasserie19 for giving us a glorious window into the diners at the bougiest scene in Houston. Below, some of our favorites so far.
10. It's about the journey, not the destination.
9. The millennial healthcare plan for after you turn 27.
8. Saturn? Yes. Mercury, however...
7. Can't argue with that.
6. Note: Brasserie 19 is also *shudder* east of Shepherd.
5. We all need hobbies I guess.
4. Somebody get some ice because we've got a third-degree burn here.
3. I mean, obvi.
2. At least she knows?
1. Just say yes and see where it goes.