While Uber is rushing to get enough Houston drivers for the amount of tourists descending on the city for Super Bowl LI, Houston Bcycle has been working the sidelines to give tourists and locals another option. Thanks to the generosity of BBVA Compass, the bike share program is offering free rides leading up to the Big Game.
Starting on Friday, Jan. 27 through Sunday, Feb. 5, anyone can take advantage of a free, full 60-minute ride at any Houston Bcycle station from 6 a.m. through 11 p.m. Need more time on your ride? Dock your bike and then undock at any station to reset the clock, as each additional 30 minutes costs $2 (plus tax).
Central Business District
- METRO Transit Center, 1900 Main St.
- Tellepsen YMCA, 808 Pease St.
- Clay & Smith, 554 Clay St.
- City Hall, 473 McKinney St.
- Crawford Island, 925 Crawford St.
- James Bute Park, 1919 Runnels
- La Branch & Lamar, 1075 La Branch
- Lamar & Crawford, 1177 Crawford
- Lamar & Milam, 782 Lamar
- Main & Dallas, 1250 Main St.
- Main & Walker, 914 Main St.
- Market Square, 864 Congress St.
- McKinney & Caroline, 1248 McKinney St.
- Smith & Capitol, 612 Smith St.
- UHD/Main & Franklin, 100 Main St.
- Rusk & St. Emanuel, 736 St. Emanuel
- Sabine Bridge, 190 Sabine St.
Greater Third Ward
- Project Row House / Holman & Live Oak, 2521 Holman St.
- Freed Library, 4100 Montrose
- Menil Collection / Alabama & Mandell, 1529 W. Alabama St.
- Westheimer & Waugh, 1111 Westheimer
- Taft & Fairview, 2401 Taft St.
- Brazos & McGowen, 2600 Brazos St.
- Elgin & Smith, 614 Elgin
- Ensemble/HCC Station, 3512 Main St.
- Milam & Webster, 2215 Milam St.
- West Gray & Baldwin, 2089 Baldwin St.
- Hermann Park Lake Plaza, 6100 Herman Park Dr.
- MFAH/ Fannin & Binz, 5623 Fannin St.
- Leonel Castillo Comm Ctr / South St. & Henry, 2109 South St.
- Stude Park, 2300 Forester
- Jackson Hill & Memorial Dr., 300 Jackson St.
- Spotts Park, 3683 Willia St.