this has been quite the season for the astros. A franchise-record 107 wins. Outstanding performances up and down the roster. A possible MVP season from stud third baseman Alex Bregman. The emergence of Yordan Alvarez, a rookie slugger who just couldn't stop hitting home runs. Arguably the greatest one-two pitching punch in modern-day baseball history, and to end the season, ace Justin Verlander notching his career 3,000th strikeout.
The real season begins Friday, when the 'Stros get down to business in the five-game American League Division Series against the Tampa Bay Rays. To mark the start of the postseason, a few local restaurants and bars are offering fun Astros-centric deals and dishes. Here's what's available:
- At The Burger Joint, you can really rack up the milkshakes. Every time an Astros player hits a home run, you'll get a voucher for a free milkshake.
- Weights + Measures is offering $5 cocktails, beer, and wine at happy hour to be held during all Astros playoff games. The TVs will be showing the game, of course.
- Third Coast is hosting Astros-focused happy hours, which will run from 1 to 7 p.m. Friday (game starts at 1 p.m.) and from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday (game starts at 8 p.m.). Get specials on beer, wine, cocktails, and bar bites. Plus, the game will be playing on the big screen in the dining room, along with at the bar.
- Sweet Bribery has concocted a treat called the Championship Sundae. One ice cream scoop, homemade blue n' gold cookie, caramel sauce, whipped cream, caramel kettle corn inside a helmet-shaped bowl adorned with the Astros logo.
- Hope for a blowout: La Grange is offering $1 tacos and $1 Saint Arnold Orange Show beers for each Astros home run (one taco and beer per customer per home run).
- Keep your beer local and your fandom strong: At Cottonwood, all Houston beer will be half off.