It's time. The 2019 World Series is set to begin tonight at Minute Maid Park. The Washington Nationals are in town, hopefully ready to be destroyed at the hands of the Astros.
Thinking about watching the beatdown at a bar or restaurant? A number of Houston-area eateries and drinking establishments are offering some sweet deals for the series. From extended happy hours to special menu items (tricked-out hot dog, anyone?), there's something for everyone. Well, except Nationals fans. (Are there even any here?)
- a'Bouzy: During every World Series game, get 50-cent oysters on the half shell.
- B&B Butchers & Restaurant: The Berg Hospitality spot is featuring its Texas wagyu hot dogs, including the $124 Break the Bank Frank that has A5 Japanese wagyu, Maine lobster in a truffle mustard beurre blanc, and 24k gold flakes. And if you eat at B&B Butchers before going to Minute Maid, you can hop on the restaurant's complimentary shuttle to the ballpark.
- BCK and Bosscat Kitchen & Libations: The Heights and River Oaks restaurants, respectively, are offering an "All-Star Combo" that includes a BBQ bacon burger, fries, and a beer for $15.
- Brasserie du Parc: The downtown restaurant is offering its Burger Maison or Crepe Dog, each with beer and fries, for just $10 during all World Series games.
- Brennan's of Houston: The storied restaurant is throwing a viewing party at the bar and in the courtyard with $7 food and drink (replacing Brennan's usual 7-7-7 happy hour menu).
- The Burger Joint: During the World Series, any time an Astro hits a home run, the Burger Joint will give out free milkshakes. (One per customer per homer.)
- Crave Cupcakes: At all locations, find Astros confetti cupcakes in original and mini sizes. $24 gets you six original or a dozen mini.
- Dish Society: During the games, get $4 Crawford Bocks that become $1 when the Astros hit a homer.
- Eight Row Flint: The Heights bar's Cheap Thrill can be an Astros Thrill by incorporating either Karbach Crawford Bock, 8th Wonder Dome Faux'm, or Buffalo Bayou Crush City IPA with a shot of either Maker's Mark, Arette tequila, or Jim Beam. $6 per experience.
- Emmaline: Throughout the World Series, the restaurant is offering a $15 Texas wagyu hot dog topped with truffled honey slaw, candied peppers, pickled onions, avocado mousse, and chipotle aioli. Deal includes a beer.
- Feges BBQ: Need grub for the game-watching party? The Greenway Plaza barbecue spot is selling a to-go Astros Package: three pounds of chopped brisket, 12 potato rolls, a quart of sweet barbecue sauce, and a pint of pickles. $60 for the package; order here.
- Finn Hall: Get $1 off Karbach Crawford Bock on tap, plus $7 Houston craft cocktails. And if you're going to the game, you can park at 803 Fannin for $7.50 by validating your ticket with Finn Hall.
- Hungry's: At the Upstairs Bar & Lounge in Rice Village and the NextDoor Bar & Lounge in Memorial, happy hour will be extended during each game. Get $4 craft beers, $5 select wines, and $6 select cocktails.
- Goodnight Charlie's: The honkytonk will offer happy-hour pricing throughout each game. If the Astros win, the happy hour pricing extends until close.
- Hay Merchant: If the Astros are winning, Houston beers are half off.
- Jax Grill: Locations will be offering $3 beers and $5 margaritas during the games (except during games 3 and 4 at the Shepherd Drive location).
- Jonathan's The Rub - The Original: Special items served up during the games include Applewood bacon-wrapped hot dogs topped with short-rib chili, a flight of sliders, and a Texas beef tenderloin and cheese po'boy.
- King's BierHaus: Have $5 Astro Dogs, $5 signature drafts, and $5 Oktoberfest beers during the games.
- La Grange: Head to this bar for $1 tacos and $1 Saint Arnold Orange Show beers for each Astros home run, along with $12 beer buckets and $3 select draft suds.
- Liberty Kitchen at the Treehouse and Liberty Kitchen & Oyster Bar: The restaurants are hosting happy hour during every game, including $2 domestic canned beer and $6 wine and cocktails.
- Local Foods: For those going to the games, the Downtown location will pack food in a clear baggie to adhere to Major League Baseball rules. Also, happy hour is extended until 7 p.m. through Friday.
- Molina's Cantina: They're serving $6.50 margaritas on all game days.
- The Original Ninfa's Uptown Houston: It'll be happy hour during every game with $4-7 cocktails and a couple $4 tacos.
- Peli Peli: If the Astros win, and the next day you go to Peli Peli and get an entrée, you get a free dessert.
- Present Company: The Montrose bar will be mixing up a cocktail called the Take It Back Tini. It has 8th Wonder vodka, ginger, orange juice, lemon juice, and a vanilla foam Astros logo.
- Reef: At 3rd Bar next to the restaurant, get three beef sliders or three fried chicken legs with XO sauce, along with a Texas draft beer, for $8 during the games.
- The Roastery: At the San Felipe location of the H-E-B-attached café, get $3 canned and bottled beers; $4 draft beers; $5 well drinks, margaritas, mules, house wines, and mimosas; $1 wings, $2 off all small plates, and $10 for any pizza.
- Third Coast: The Med Center restaurant is extending happy hours through the end of each game.
- The Union Kitchen: Each location will have a $10 burger and beer combo available during the games.
- Weights + Measures: It's serving up $5 cocktails, wine, and beer during each game. Enjoy your drink with a homemade World Series pretzel with beer cheese—also $5.
Breweries engage in friendly wager
Meanwhile, it's a tradition as old as time: the friendly wager between the two cities battling in the World Series. Saint Arnold Brewing Company is taking part, offering up its beer to DC Brau Brewing Company if the Astros lose.
But since the Astros aren't losing, Saint Arnold will be getting some of DC Brau's brews.
"While craft brewers love drinking their own beer, getting beer from another independent brewery as a payoff for a baseball bet tastes a little better, somehow," said Lennie Ambrose, chief marketing officer at Saint Arnold. "We're pumped to try some selections from DC Brau after the Astros sweep the Nationals!"
Special items at the Juice Box
If you're heading to Minute Maid Park for games 1 or 2 of the World Series, you should know that Aramark will be showcasing some new food items solely for the series. Those offerings include:
- Walk-Off Nacho Stack: An orange tortilla topped with charro beans, salsa, crema, pico de gallo, jalapeños, cilantro, and a meat choice (carne asada, pork carnitas, fajita chicken). Find it at The Market in center field.
- #TakeItBack Totchos: These are loaded tater tots, topped with burnt pork ends, cheese, pickle chips, and barbecue sauce. It's in sections 125, 213, and 408.
- Central Texas Beef Long Bone: On the Club Level only (section 224), it's served with a choice of sides that includes macaroni and cheese, collard greens, and baked beans.
- Lobster Quesadilla: Also just in the Club Level (section 215), it has cascabel pepper sauce, lime crema, and mango pico de gallo.
- Smoked Prime Rib Sandwich: Another just in the Club Level (section 220), it's coated in gouda beer cheese sauce, topped with bacon onion jam and Tabasco fried onions, and served on a jalapeño cheddar bun.